Craps Live is a live game from Evolution Games that allows you to experience the thrill of Craps, the famous dice game from the USA, from the comfort of your home. Craps is a dynamic and entertaining game that offers many betting and winning opportunities. In this article we explain how the game works, what the main rules are, which strategies are the most effective and what we recommend to play optimally.
How the game works
The game takes place in a studio in a 1920s speakeasy, where you will find a craps table, a croupier and some 3D characters from the world of craps, such as the shooter, the table manager and the paymaster. Your goal is to bet on the outcome of the roll of two six-sided dice, choosing from the various betting options available. You can watch the action via live broadcast, with everything happening at a real table and with the help of a professional dealer.
The most important rules
Craps is a game with two phases: the come-out roll and the point roll.. Some bets are settled after just one roll, while others can take multiple bets before settling, making the game more exciting. In this online version of Craps Live you will be constantly informed about your potential winnings for the next roll of the dice.
You can also see how many of you and your fellow players are betting on the same number. For craps beginners or advanced players, there is also an easy-to-access mode that selects a version of the game that contains only the easiest bets to understand. Let’s look at the main bets you can make in craps.
- Pass line: is the simplest and most popular bet, betting on whether the shooter will roll a 7 or 11 on the come-out roll, or whether he will set a point and repeat it before rolling a 7. If the shooter gets a 2, gets a 3 or a 12 on the come out roll, the bet is lost.
- Don’t pass line: This is the opposite of the pass line bet, which bets on whether the shooter will roll a 2 or 3 on the come-out roll, or whether he will commit a point and roll a 7 before repeating it. If the shooter rolls a 7 or 11, the bet is lost. If the shooter rolls a 12, the bet is a tie.
- Bet like this: It is a bet similar to the Pass Line, but can only be made after the shooter has established a point. The bet consists of betting on whether the shooter will roll a 7 or 11 on the next roll, or whether he will set a new point and repeat it before rolling a 7. If the shooter rolls a 2, 3 or 12 on the next roll, the bet is lost.
- Don’t Come bet: This is a bet similar to the Don’t Pass Line, but can only be made after the shooter has set a point. The bet consists of betting on whether the shooter will roll a 2 or 3 on the next roll, or whether he will set a new point and roll a 7 before repeating it. If the shooter rolls a 7 or 11 on the next roll, the bet is lost. If the shooter rolls a 12 on the next roll, the bet is a draw.
- Opportunities: are additional bets that can be made after a Pass Line, Don’t Pass Line, Come or Don’t Come bet has been made and the shooter has established a point. Odds bets consist of bets on whether the shooter will replay the point before rolling a 7 if you have a pass line or come bet, or whether he will roll a 7 before rerolling the point if you have a don Don’t pass line bet or don’t come. Odds bets are paid based on set point.
Odds bets have no house edge, but are limited by a maximum bet depending on the casino.
- Location: These are bets that can be made at any time and involve betting that the shooter will get a certain number before he gets a 7. The numbers you can bet on are 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 10. Place bets are paid out based on the number chosen.
- Field: This is a bet that can be made at any time and consists of betting on whether the shooter will get a 2, a 3, a 4, a 9, a 10, an 11 or a 12 on the next roll. The bet pays 1:1, except for 2 and 12 which pay 2:1.
- Big 6 and Big 8: These are bets that can be made at any time and place a bet on whether the shooter will roll a 6 or an 8 before he gets a 7.
- Hardways: are bets that can be made at any time and consist of betting that the shooter will get a 4, a 6, an 8 or a 10 with a pair of identical dice (e.g. two 2s for the 4). Beforehand, get a 7 or the same number with a different combination (e.g. 1 and 3 for 4). Hardways bets pay out based on the number chosen.
- Suggestion: These are bets that can be made at any time and consist of betting on the exact result of the next throw of the d
The game ends when the shooter rolls a 7 or the same number with a different combination (e.g. 1 and 3 for 4). Hardways bets pay out based on the number chosen.
The most effective strategies
To best play Craps Live, we recommend the following simple strategies:
- Choose bets with the lowest house edge, like the pass line, the don’t pass line, the come, the don’t come and the odds. These bets give you the best chance of winning in the long term, even if they are not the most profitable.
- Avoid bets with the highest house edge, like the Big 6, the Big 8, the Field, the Hardways and the Proposition. These bets are very attractive, but also have greater variability and a lower exit probability.
- Manage your budget responsibly.
Set a time and money limit before you start playing and stick to it. Don’t chase losses or bet too much. Only play with money you can afford to lose and have fun.
Finally, we give you some practical advice for a safe and enjoyable live game of Craps:
- Use easy mode if you are a beginner or advanced user.
This mode helps you understand the rules and betting of craps and shows you only the simplest and most intuitive options. You can switch to normal mode at any time when you feel more confident and prepared.
- Use the game’s statistics and information.
Craps Live shows you in real time the results of previous rolls, the most popular bets among players, your potential winnings for the next roll and the rules of each bet. This information can help you make more informed decisions and track gaming trends.
- Interact with the dealer and other players.
Craps Live offers you the ability to communicate with the dealer and other players via chat. You can ask questions, ask for advice, exchange opinions, give compliments, express emotions, and create a more engaging and entertaining gaming atmosphere. However, remember to always be polite and respectful and not to reveal any personal or sensitive information.
Frequently asked questions about the game Craps Live
How does Craps Live work?
Craps Live is the live version of the popular craps dice game. It allows you to play in real time with a professional croupier and watch the action through a live broadcast from a studio that recreates the atmosphere of a 1920s speakeasy. The aim is to bet on the outcome of two dice rolls.
What are the main bets at Craps Live?
The main bets are Pass Line, Don’t Pass Line, Come, Don’t Come, Odds, Place, Field, Big 6, Big 8, Hardways and Proposition. Everyone has different rules and payments. The simplest and with the lowest house edge are Pass Line and Don’t Pass Line.
Are there strategies to play craps live better?
Yes, the most effective strategies are to bet on low house edge bets, avoid high house edge bets, manage your budget responsibly, and use the information provided by the game to make more informed decisions.
What does Craps Live Easy Mode mean?
Easy Mode is designed for beginners and selects only the simplest bets, allowing you to better understand the rules and game dynamics before moving on to Normal Mode. Ideal for improving your skills.
Can you interact with the dealer and other players?
Yes, at Craps Live you can chat with the dealer and other players, ask questions, share emotions and make the experience more exciting. However, you must always be polite and not share any personal information.
I am one of the founders of CasinoItaliaweb. I have been writing about casinos, poker, sports betting and financial trading for over 10 years. In my free time I like to travel, read books and do a lot of exercise